Like to write?
We’re looking for detailers, pdr techs interior techs, glass repair techs, or any reconditioner who has a story to tell.
What we’re looking for.
Anything relevant, useful, or interesting to the reconditioning community. Examples include:
- How-to articles. ”How to remove concrete splatter.” ”How to repair a deep crease in a pinched tailgate.”
- Lists. Lists of useful websites, message boards, industry associations, or the best how-to videos on YouTube.
- Tips. Tips for working faster. Sales and marketing tips.
- Photos. Photos and descriptions of your favorite jobs, favorite cars, or even your ugliest jobs.
- Stories. Ever had a job go bad? Really bad? Oddball customers? Oddball dealers?
What’s in it for you.
- Publicity. Applied Colors gets up to 400 visits a day. These include suppliers, new techs looking for training, media publishers, and expert technicians from around the world. You’d be surprised what kind of connections could start with someone who read your article here. And why not link to your article from your website? It helps to establish you as credible and experienced.
- Google will love you more. You’ll get a link from a PR3 domain. That basically means your website’s position on Google will probably improve for terms like “[your town] car detailing” or “[your city] paintless dent repair.”
- Satisfaction. Did someone in your past help guide your reconditioning career? Pass on what you know…just as they did.
Just a few rules.
Submissions should be 400 – 700 words long. Photos certainly help. Must be original work. We can’t post every article to our blog, but your work won’t go wasted: there’s plenty of sites that will publish you and we’ll point you in their direction.
Submit as a Word document with photos embedded or simply as an email with photos attached. Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.