Directions for use:
- Remove any spilled materials from the carpet surface.
- Apply Gum, Tar & Grease Remover directly to the stain, taking care not to over apply.
- Agitate gently and lightly by rubbing with a clean, white cloth, a dull spoon or spotting tool. Do not scrub or brush vigorously as this can distort carpet fibers. For heavy stains like chewing gum, work Gum, Tar & Grease Remover into stain patiently with a dull spoon or spotting tool, allow to dwell for several minutes and then agitate stain patiently until it releases from carpet fibers.
- Stains that have a combination of water-based and oil-based components may require follow-up treatment with Stain Blaster to remove the spot completely.
- When removing difficult stains that require repeated applications of Gum, Tar & Grease Remover, a water rinse may not be enough to remove the residue. In theses cases apply Stain Blaster to remove this residue and then rinse with a small amount of clean water.
- Blot with a clean, white cloth or paper towel by placing the folded towel over the dampened area and standing on it. Reposition to a dry, clean area of the towel and repeat until stain is removed.
- Rinse the area with a small amount of clean water and blot dry.
- Repeat if necessary but do not over use Gum, Tar & Grease Remover and be sure not to saturate the carpeting.
- Allow area to dry completely before using.