LeatherPro™: Recolor leather seats for $100+ an hour.
Do you see these on your customer’s cars:
- Worn leather seat bolsters and steering wheels.
- Scratched plastic trim.
- Faded boat vinyl.
With interior repair techs charging nearly $100 an hour to recolor these…is it really possible to do these repairs yourself? Absolutely. The LeatherPro™ kit is a smart repair system that allows you to quickly match the color of any leather, plastic, or vinyl surface and apply a professional grade dye to produce results your customers will love.
Here’s what you can charge.
Retail rates for common jobs:
- $75: Re-dye driver’s seat bolster (25 minutes). Simple recoloring of bolsters is at least half all interior work. Takes about 25 minutes, with materials costs (dye, sandpaper, masking tape) of around $5.
- $150: Re-dye entire driver’s seat (45-60 minutes). Seats with cracking and wear in the bolster AND other areas can be repaired and re-dyed for around $15 in materials.
- $95: Re-dye steering wheel (35 minutes). Worn steering wheels can be scuffed and re-dyed for about $12 in materials.
- $80/cushion: Re-dye boat vinyl (30 minutes). Faded or yellowing boat vinyl can be scuffed and re-dyed white for around $10 in materials per cushion.
Learn on your schedule. At home.
Watch our repair video, read our user manual, then practice on some used seats. No flying out of town for expensive interior repair training. The repair process is simple:
- Sand and clean. Be thorough so the dye has a strong foundation to bond to.
- Find a color match. Our formula booklet allows you to identify the correct formula based on year, make and model.
- Mix your dye. The formula book give specific instructions–gram by gram–on assembling your color-matching dye.
- Apply dye. Use a small HVLP gun to mist dye onto the repair surface in light coats. Dry with your heat gun.
It’s simple because the formula booklet does the color matching.
Video: Seat bolster re-dyed with LeatherPro™
(Yes, we renamed the kit to LeatherPro™, though AC1000 is a great name for a pet robot!)
Left side dyed w/ LeatherPro.
Click to enlarge:
LeatherPro™ comes with supplies for $4000+ repairs.
Just add your own small-cup HVLP spray gun. See this gun for $25.
Refills ship within 24 hours. Fast delivery.
Order online here or call in your order at 503.770.0898. Ships from Oregon. Arrives in 2-4 days.
Contents of the system:
- Training DVD
- Digital Scale
- Pallet Knife
- Paint Cups
- User Manual
- Color Matching Guide
- Color Matching Database
- #136 Magenta Pigment (4oz)
- #155 Yellow Pigment (4oz)
- #175 Green Pigment (4oz)
- #160 Yellow Oxide Pigment (4oz)
- #133 Fast Red Pigment (4oz)
- #120 Blue Pigment (4oz)
- #180 Orange Pigment (4oz)
- #138 Red Oxide Pigment (4oz)
- #130 Red Pigment (4oz)
- #111 Carbon Black Pigment (4oz)
- #145 Brown Oxide Pigment (4oz)
- #150 Light Yellow Pigment (4oz)
- #190 Purple Pigment (4oz)
- #101 White Pigment (8oz)
- #110 Black Pigment (8oz)
- #140 Dark Brown Pigment (8oz)
- #LSF – Leather Soft Fill (4oz)
- #SL-7 Superlink – Crosslinker (2 oz)
- 3 sheets 600 grade sand paper
- 3 grey scuff pads
- 2 32oz bottles of Clearbase
- Spray Grain (4 oz)
- 32 oz Triclean Prep Cleaner