Paintless Dent Removal Tools: Why Add a Paint Touch Up System?
“Great work on that dent…but I can still see the scratch.”
It’s a nasty dent. You fight it for half an hour and eventually get it OEM-straight. There’s an ugly scuff on the surface that you buff with rubbing compound. It comes out almost completely, but there is some basecoat damage in the deep red paint; the white scratches stand out from many feet away. The customer is amazed with your work, but asks if you can touch up the scratch. You explain that touch up is a separate service, requiring different dent repair tools, and offer the card of a paint vendor you work with. She’s a bit disappointed, as if you didn’t finish the whole job.
6 reasons the ScratchOut kit is the PERFECT addition to your paintless dent repair business.
- More money per dent. Fix the dent AND the paint damage and collect extra revenue.
- More money per stop. Ever travel 30 minutes to an account to fix one dent? With the ScratchOut kit, you can fix the dealer’s rock chips and scratches for $40 per car and make it a profitable trip. Let your dealers know you offer touch up, and have the dent tools and pdr training to back it up. The love the convenience of a multi-service vendor.
- Learn at home. With DVD training you don’t need to leave town to learn pro-level touch up service. Need help in the field? Free support from an ex touch up tech at 877.289.7312.
- A price to fit your budget. Other touch up systems range from $2500 – $5000. At $1295, we set a price that makes sense for mobile techs looking to expand.
- Compact toolbox. Our 1 foot by 1 foot by 3 foot airtight toolbox contains everything: cleaners, cups, brushes, and paint. There’s room inside even the smallest work vehicles for the ScratchOut system.
- A competitive edge. PDR is getting a bit…crowded these days. Especially now that pdr training (through seminars or on-site pdr instruction) is offered in many cities. Adding touch up service distinguishes you from your competitors and gives you an advantage when approaching new dealers. Don’t be a ding bat. Be a ding king!
Customer Reviews from PDR techs.
“I originally purchased the Applied Colors touch up paint system for my Paintless Dent Repair Technician. The thought was to use it as an easy and complete kit for those instances when the damaged area was also chipped or scratched. We used to carry a small selection of store bought touch-up. 9 times out of 10 we didn’t have the correct color and the tops always seemed to break. We could get a few uses out of the 8.95$ tube and would end up throwing the dried up remains away only to do it all over again. The Applied Colors paints have a very good shelf life, the kit is compact and we get great color matches. Well worth every penny.”
Brian Shaw: Owner of Auto Pro 1
“As the owner of a mobile S.M.A.R.T repair business I was looking for a quick and easy way of touching up scratches and road rash as an alternative to mixing colour coded factory paint. On a lot of cars I work on for owners or auto traders I get the question of touching up some minor scratch or road rash blemishes in addition to painting and blending out body panels. The ScratchOut kit fit the bill perfectly by providing us with a very fast and inexpensive tool for minor touch ups. As opposed to matching factory waterborne paint and mixing with clear coat I can now use the provided color chart and mix a small amount for a small touch up in just minutes knowing this will be a lasting solution. There’s no need for an IR lamp for curing. My customers are thrilled by the results and the relatively small fee. This kit has paid it self over and over again and comes highly recommended.”
Bent Karlsen: Owner of Color Vision Norway
“I wanted to thank you for the great job you have done in putting together your paint system. The DVD and manual are excellent.”
Dan Trenholm: Owner of Colortec, Medford OR
“Just received my kit in 7 days. Thank you for an excellent service.”
Ehsan Mandora: Saudi Arabia