Struggling with odors in your customers cars?
Pet, tobacco, and food odors that go away for a while…only to come back? If you’re using fragrance and odor “masking” sprays, you’re just sending the smell away temporarily. When the smell returns, you’ve just broken your promise to the customer and lost his business. Get serious about odor: buy an ozone generator.
How ozone works.
Ozone oxidizes airborne pollutants, then reverts to oxygen, leaving behind cleansed and refreshened air. If you’re interested in the chemistry of ozone, read here. The machines are a go-to instrument for hotel operators, disaster cleaners, car detailers and janitors alike. Ozone doesn’t mask odors, it eliminates them. Ozone odor removal is the process of placing the ozone generator inside or close to the area to be deodorized, then simply letting the machine run for a predetermined amount of time. Once ozone wash is completed, the treated area will be completely free from odor and mold. Essentially an airborne sanitizer made up of three bonded oxygen molecules, ozone is a natural, effective, and quickly-disappearing cleaning agent.
The surest way to a clean, odorless interior – quickly.
The FM1 is the most convenient, affordable, and reliable unit available to get achieve deodorization in your customers’ cars. Cars previously owned by cigarette smokers or pet transporters have a significant resale problem–some buyers won’t even consider a “smoker’s” car. After a detail, put the generator on the passenger seat close all doors and windows, and let it run until the bad smells are all gone. Be sure to cycle the air conditioner for 15 minutes, as smells in the heating and cooling ducts must be exposed to the ozone.
- Cleaner smelling cabin air.
- Reduced levels of allergens.
- Lower cost compared to other odor control methods (foggers and sprays).
- Extra profit per car: $80, on average for permanent odor removal. Dealers love the service.
Why the FM1?
- Sturdy stainless steel construction.
- Sturdy handle for hanging or carrying.
- Continuous operation.
- No expensive filters to repalce.
- Portable and light weight.
- Ozone output of 2000 unites/hour–ideal for cars.
- 2 year warranty–parts and labor.
Simple to use.
You can train your detailers to use the FM-1 in an hour. The process:
- Completely clean and wipe all interior surfaces. Everything must be wiped down. Headliners, in particular, absorb odors. Clean with your favorite all purpose cleaner. Keep wiping until you see no residue transfer into your cleaning towels. Be certain to remove the source of the odor. If it’s rotting food beneath a drivers’ seat…be certain all the food is vacuumed/shampoo’d out.
- Ensure interior is dry. Run the car’s heater if necessary to dry out carpets and seats.
- Insert ozone generator in car and turn on. Run extension cord through door or window and shut door/window.
- Run air conditioning for 15 minutes. Set to “recycle” air.
- Turn of air conditioner.
- Run generator for 25 more minutes. Open door and check odor. Most odors are neutralized. If the odor remains, check again in 25 minute intervals until the odor is gone.
- “Air out” car for 5 minutes. Open doors and let in fresh air. Car is ready for delivery to customer.