A compact, affordable system to professionally recolor worn vinyl, leather, and plastic.
Worn leather seats, worn steering wheels, scratched plastic trim, and faded boat vinyl. Do you see these every day? With interior repair techs charge around $100 an hour to recolor these…is it really possible to do these repairs yourself? Absolutely. The AC1000 kit is a smart repair system that allows you to quickly match the color of any leather, plastic, or vinyl surface and apply a professional grade dye to produce results your customers will love.
Profit $100 an hour…or more.
Approximate retail rates for common interior repair jobs:
- $75: Re-dye driver’s seat bolster (25 minutes). This leather dye repair of bolsters was at least half all interior work. Takes about 25 minutes, with materials costs (dye, sandpaper, masking tape) of around $5.
- $150: Re-dye entire driver’s seat (45-60 minutes). Seats with cracking and wear in the bolster AND other areas can be repaired and re-dyed for around $15 in materials.
- $95: Re-dye steering wheel (35 minutes). Worn steering wheels can be scuffed and re-dyed for about $12 in materials.
- $80/cushion: Re-dye boat vinyl (30 minutes). Faded or yellowing boat vinyl can be scuffed and re=dyed white for around $10 in materials per cushion.
You can learn this…in around 4-6 hours.
Watch our repair video, read our user manual, then practice on some used seats. No flying out of town for expensive interior repair training. The process is relatively simple:
- Sand and clean. Be thorough so the dye has a strong foundation to bond to.
- Find a color match. Our formula booklet allows you to identify the correct formula based on year, make and model.
- Mix your dye. The formula book give specific instructions–gram by gram–on assembling your color-matching dye.
- Apply dye. Use a small HVLP gun to mist dye onto the repair surface in light coats. Dry with your heat gun.
Just $495. Enough supplies for $3000+ in repairs.
Includes the fillers, texturizers, dyes, and training. You supply a spray gun and a heat gun. Includes enough dye and materials to complete $3000 of repairs. It’s a simple, easy-to-learn system that makes your reconditioning business more diverse, competitive, and profitable. Make more money per car and profit more per stop with the AC1000 Re-dye system.
Three secrets about interior repair.
- About 2/3rds of cars have black leather. Very easy to recolor! Just grab the black and go.
- About 80% of all interior car repair was pure recoloring. We had the tools for vinyl and leather repair (fixing holes and tears), but 4/5 jobs required no repair…just recoloring. This is important because repairing rips, holes, and tears required an investment of $2500+ in advanced interior repair kits that required tens of hours of practice and training. You can refer the difficult stuff to an interior repair specialists, but keep the “gravy” for yourself! The “gravey” is still 80% of all the work!
- Boat vinyl was extremely profitable. 90% of it was pure white. And most of the cushions were quickly removable. We would could often redye an entire boat in around 4 hours for $500+.
Expert training, tech support, and quick refills.
Our training manual contains color manuals that walk you through the process, from cleaning to clean-up. You can download it here. Our tech support line (877.289.7312) is open Monday – Friday 8 – 5 PM Pacific. Refills ship out within 24 hours and can be ordered online or over the phone. And don’t forget the return policy: 30 days, no questions asked. Use all the materials you want!